- 1-2 blocks Weekday Food tofu – we recommend Sun Worship
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. chili paste
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- 1 lime
- 8 oz. green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1" piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Short-grain or jasmine rice (for serving)
- Cook the rice, if using.
- Mix chili paste, coconut aminos, honey, and 1 tbsp. water in a small bowl to combine. Add juice from half the lime. Cut remaining lime half into wedges and set aside for serving.
- Trim 8 oz. green beans and cut into very small (¼") pieces.
- Wash and chop garlic, ginger, and basil.
- Cook tofu in a pan on the stovetop. Sprinkle ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut over tofu and cook, turning often to prevent burning, until tofu is coated and coconut is toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add green beans and toss to coat; season lightly with salt. Cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, add 1 tbsp. water and cover pan. Cook until beans are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover pan and add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return tofu to pan and add reserved chili paste mixture. Cook, tossing gently, until sauce is nearly evaporated, about 30 seconds. Taste stir-fry and season with more salt if needed. Remove from heat and gently toss in reserved basil.
- Divide short-grain or jasmine rice among bowls; top with stir-fry. Serve with reserved lime wedges for squeezing over.
- No coconut aminos? Use aminos or soy sauce.
Adapted from Bon Appetit