- 3 blocks bean and/or lentil tofu (we used a mix of Alpenglow Red Lentil Tofu, Midnight Moonrise Black Bean Tofu, and Sun Worship Chickpea Tofu)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 stalk fresh sage, chopped
- 1 stalk fresh rosemary, chopped, with some reserved for garnish
- 1/2 cup aquafaba or your favorite vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
(1) Prepare the Tofu:
- Pat the tofu dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, adding enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil is hot, add tofu to the pan, leaving enough space for each piece to crisp up.
- Let sizzle for about five minutes and then flip with a sharp-edged spatula.
- Sizzle the other side for another four minutes, then remove tofu from the pan.
(2) Sauté Vegetables:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions, celery, and carrots. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes until fragrant.
(3) Combine Tofu and Veggies:
- Grease the bottom and sides of an eight-inch casserole dish with olive oil.
- Mix the crispy-edged tofu and sautéd veggies into the dish.
- Moisten with ½ cup of aquafaba or veggie broth.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, then turn up the heat to 450 for 3-4 minutes to crisp the top.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve!