- 1-2 blocks Weekday Food soy-free tofu
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Allow it to heat up -- for at least 2 minutes. It's important that the pan be hot enough, to prevent the tofu from sticking to the surface.
- Drain tofu and pat dry. (No need to press!) Cut into cubes, fingers, or whatever shape you like.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan. Then add the tofu.
- Resist the temptation to touch the tofu! Let it crisp, untouched, for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip the tofu with a spatula. If it's sticking, work the edge of the spatula under the pieces.
- Let the other side fry, untouched, to get the same crispiness, for 3-5 minutes. Let it go longer if the first side wasn't as crispy as you'd like, or shorter if the first side came out too crispy.
- Line a plate with a paper towel. When the tofu is done, move it to the plate to remove the excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!